Muscat International Airport, formerly Seeb International, is the primary airport of Muscat, the capital city of the Sultanate of Oman.
The new terminal at Muscat (Seeb) airport opened on the 20th of March 2018 and the Muscat Airport Transit Hotel opened its doors the following month.
Alternatively, if you have a long transit and would like to take the opportunity to visit Muscat, you may wish to stay at a hotel near the airport. (Keep in mind that it may be necessary to obtain an Oman e-visa prior to your arrival.)
The following hotels are located within close proximity to Muscat International Airport:
- The Muscat Novotel (formerly The Sundus Rotana Hotel) – Originally opened in November 2017 and in January 2020 rebranded as the Muscat Novotel. The hotel is about 3 kms from the passenger terminal and is located south of the airport.
- The Hormuz Grand Hotel – Opened in 2014, the hotel is also about 3 kms from the new passenger terminal and is situated adjacent to the Bank Muscat Headquarters and shopping mall
- The Golden Tulip Seeb – was located next to the old Oman Exhibition Centre. The hotel closed in mid 2019.
- The City Centre Hotel – Situated almost next door to the Muscat City Centre shopping mall, the hotel is about 6 kms from the new passenger terminal.
- The Holiday Inn Seeb – Located near the western boundary of the airport, near Markaz al Bahja shopping mall and about a kilometre from Muscat City Centre.
Taxis are readily available at the terminal exit and are metred. Due to the fairly high airport flagfall on the meter, the fare to nearby hotels will cost about 6 to 8 Omani rials.
ATM machines are located near the right hand side exit doors.
Some hotels do offer a shuttle service – check with them when you book.