Muscat International Airport, formerly Seeb International, is the primary airport of Muscat, the capital city of the Sultanate of Oman.
The new terminal at Muscat (Seeb) airport opened on the 20th of March 2018.
Currently there is no “in terminal” or transit hotel at Muscat airport, however a transit hotel is expected to be open in the near future. Until then, if you wish to stay at a hotel near the airport, it will be necessary to obtain an Oman e-visa prior to your arrival.
The following hotels are located within close proximity to Muscat International Airport:
- The Sundus Rotana Hotel – Newly opened in November 2017, the hotel is about 3 kms from the newly opened passenger terminal and is located adjacent to the Golden Tulip hotel
- The Hormuz Grand Hotel – Opened in 2014, the hotel is also about 3 kms from the new passenger terminal and is situated adjacent to the Bank Muscat Headquarters and shopping mall
- The Golden Tulip Seeb – Located next to the old Oman Exhibition Centre, the hotel is about 3 kms from the airport
- The City Centre Hotel – Situated almost next door to the Muscat City Centre shopping mall, the hotel is about 6 kms from the new passenger terminal
- The Holiday Inn Seeb – Located near the western boundary of the airport, near Markaz al Bahja shopping mall and about a kilometre from Muscat City Centre