Muscat International Airport, formerly Seeb International, is the primary airport of Muscat, the capital city of the Sultanate of Oman.
Currently there is no “in terminal” or transit hotel at Muscat airport, however a transit hotel is included in the redevelopment of the airport and the new terminal and facilities are expected to be ready in March 2018. Until then it may be necessary to obtain an Oman visa prior to arrival.
The following hotels are located within close proximity to Muscat International Airport:
- The Sundus Rotana Hotel – Newly opened in November 2017, the hotel is less than 1 km from the current passenger terminal and is located adjacent to the Golden Tulip hotel
- The Hormuz Grand Hotel – Opened in 2014, the hotel is less than 1 km from the current passenger terminal and is situated adjacent to the Bank Muscat Headquarters and shopping mall
- The Golden Tulip Seeb – Located next to the old Oman Exhibition Centre, the hotel is about 1 km from the current passenger terminal
- The City Centre Hotel – Situated almost next door to the Muscat City Centre shopping mall, the hotel is about 4kms by road from the current passenger terminal
- The Holiday Inn Seeb – Located near the western boundary of the airport, near Markaz al Bahja shopping mall and about a kilometre from Muscat City Centre
Taxis are available from the taxi booth immediately outside the arrivals area. Rates are fixed price, according to zones. For hotels near the airport the rate is approximately 7 Omani rials (approximately US$18).
ATM machines that accept most international credit and debit cards may be found inside the terminal, just prior to exiting, on the left side of the doors.